150,000 People Will Die Today

'Way of the Master' Transformed Conference

Sign-up for Transformed

Living Waters Ministries

Free ~ 30 booklets of the Gospel of John

Hello, my name is Steven Henry and in case you didn't already know about it, the site below allows you to sign up for free and get 30 booklets of the Book of John for free. They are great for handing out to people. I just present that for your consideration. ~ your friend and a servant of Christ, Steven : ) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Pocket Testament League

Monday, February 4

What God Did Last Night-Feb 1st

Hello Everyone,

Here is the latest update on what God did when the group from Metro went out to evangelize last night.

Last night the Graham house was overflowing with people who came to evangelize! It was a wonderful thing; we could not even fit all the people in the room! When we got to downtown, I was grouped with Julia Knowles and Alex Corbett. It was Julia’s first time out and God used her in many ways!

Each time we go out it is different. One week it can be so simple to get in conversations, the next time more difficult. This time we found it a bit more difficult and it seems some of the other groups did as well. Rich reminded us before we left if we found things hard, to stop and pray. That is what our group did soon after we began. Right after we prayed, God answered our prayer!

We stopped and prayed asking God to bring people into our path, to help us with fear, to guide and direct us. What happened next is the story I want to tell you about this time, the story of Ebony. It was the shortest encounter we had, but to me the most stunning one of the night. After praying, we walked down the street and there was Ebony. We handed her a tract, a large one hundred dollar bill. She said she had seen one of these before. When asked what it was Ebony said either something from a law office or a bible verse. We explained it was a Bible verse. Immediately Ebony exclaimed, I am sinning, I am going to hell! The three of us were stunned and knew not what to do. She began to cry and said again, I am serious I am going to hell as she grabbed on to her friend. At first I thought she might be joking, but when I saw the tears running down her face, I knew it was real. She did say she was a Christian. We asked why she thought she was so affected by this? Why did she think God was affecting her in this way? Ebony said she did not know, she just knew she was sinning and going to hell. The whole time Ebony continued to cry. She asked for a way to contact us, which we gave her and then she said she had to go, her friends were there. She said she would be in touch. Her friend did mention Ebony was not normally emotional like that, which lead us to believe it was God affecting her. She left the three of us there, stunned. We were awed by what God had done, and what He could do.

God was able to reach Ebony without a word from us. In an instant He fell on her in the middle of the streets of downtown! He convicted her of her sin with just a tract in her hand, not a word of the Gospel was spoken to her. I have not witnessed anything like that before, such immediate conviction of sin. She was truly undone. God answered our prayer and put her right in our path.

After Ebony we presented the Gospel to two other gentleman named Josh and Patrick. At the end of the night God brought us into what I hope was a very fruitful conversation with a young guy named Dre.

There are no words I know to describe how small I feel today as I reflect His Greatness in what He did last night through all of us. In the difficulties many of us had in the beginning, and the encounter with Ebony I see how very much I need Him and how little He needs me. But oh what a privilege it is to be a part of His work! Thank you all for your prayers, I am so grateful.

The group led by Rich goes out again on Feb 15th. The Henry Family, which attend Metro, are dowtown every weekend witnessing to the lost. Your continued prayers are appreciated!

With much gratitude,
Jackie

No comments:

The Good Test

Are you a good person?

Ray's blog

Ray's articles